C4 Forums | Control4

Sequence of lights in web navigator interface

jbs

Is there a way to change the sequence of the lights in the web interface. I have 65 dimmers in my home and I like to occasionally use the web interface to adjust them, but right now they appear to be in pretty much a random order. I'd like to instead resort them by floor, then by room to make finding a particular light easy.

Does anyone know where that sort order comes from?

Thanks!

--Jason

OK, So on closer examination I discovered that the web interface lists the lights alphabetically *by light name*. So, if you have 3 lights:

Room Item

Dining Chandelier

Dining Wall Sconce

Bedroom Reading Lamp

then the web interface will ignore the room groupings and display them as:

Dining Chandelier

Bedroom Reading Lamp

Dining Wall Sconce

of course, with three lights it's no big deal, but with dozens you're probably going to have many whose name is identical (i.e. I have "main lights" in 5 rooms).

So now the question is, is there any way to use a different sort order, perhaps sorted first by room, then by the "name" of the light?

Thanks!

I thought about that, but it makes for some cumbersome names and when you're viewing them on, for example, the MTS there's not a lot of room for:

Master Bedroom, Jason's Reading Lamp

As well as in other locations such as Composer, it would be redundant to click the plus sign for Master Bedroom and beneath it see:

Master Bedroom, Reading, His

Master Bedroom, Reading, Hers

Master Bedroom, Patio

Master Bedroom, Ceiling

etc etc etc

It certainly would be a workaround, but wasn't my first choice (may be my only choice, however :-)

Perhaps a compromise would be to prepend an abbreviation MBR, K, DR, LR, OFF, etc so it would sort but not clutter up other listings . . .

Thanks for the suggestion!

--Jason

Archived