C4 Forums | Control4

What happened to "Anyone Wants Composer" thread????

AJF

Pardon my stream of consciousness post.

I am an end user that adopted C4 early on when I was designing my new house. But I was on a budget and bought into the sales pitch that C4 was an affordable solution. I knew if I could DIY the system to what extent I could and later have a dealer fill in the gaps that I could get what I wanted. (I have aptitude but am not a technology pro).............

I recently had the need to add new hardware and reconfigure old' date=' beyond what I can do with Composer HE that I own. It took ages to get my dealer to do this remotely. The frustrating thing, after the e-mails asking my dealer to kindly make my system a priority, it came down to me standing at home tapping a keypad for the system to recognise the new/reconfigured hardware....in seconds.....more time spent writing impatient e-mails than on the phone tapping keypads!!!

It is so trivial to add switches, dimmers now, I cannot see why the end user cannot have the ability to do that, especially after spending $$$. It is unreasonable to have to wait a disproportional amount of time to get on a dealers radar to do this. I want to make changes fast.

Control4 do consider giving the end users the [u']option. I would like to have the right to amend my system (beyond HE) and not have to wait for my dealer to do so, especially if it involves pulling teeth. I am still going to be buying lots of hardware from the dealer. Consider also leveling the playing field - some dealers seem to be OK providing customers with Composer Pro, others do not, and it is a disadvantage to be in an area where you are in the latter bucket.

Of course, I would encourage everyone who has a bad experience with a dealer to notify Control4 immediately.

hey SeeFour send me an AIM IM at jeshdotcom

Archived