C4 Forums | Control4

Switched to FIOS, need network setup help

I know this has got to be simple but I can't get my head around it.

Verizon Actiontec router basically used to serve up internet and for the FIOS devices (set top boxes) on 192.168.1.1. Pass to Netgear WNDR3400 router with gateway to fixed IP addresses (10.0.30.1) for c4 gear and PC's, printer etc.

Everything seems to be working fine except the iPhone remote app which needs the new connection to director to be made.

Trying to figure out how to re-do remote function/port forwarding on iphone app. I don't think the iPhone can see past the Actiontec to get into the 10.0.30.1 network.

Can I with this setup or do I need to reconfigure everything? Thanks and please be gentle!

I know this has got to be simple but I can't get my head around it.

Verizon Actiontec router basically used to serve up internet and for the FIOS devices (set top boxes) on 192.168.1.1. Pass to Netgear WNDR3400 router with gateway to fixed IP addresses (10.0.30.1) for c4 gear and PC's, printer etc.

Everything seems to be working fine except the iPhone remote app which needs the new connection to director to be made.

Trying to figure out how to re-do remote function/port forwarding on iphone app. I don't think the iPhone can see past the Actiontec to get into the 10.0.30.1 network.

Can I with this setup or do I need to reconfigure everything? Thanks and please be gentle!

Not a problem. That's the way you want it setup if you want to use the FIOS apps for remote access to DVR scheduling, etc.

Go into the ActionTecweb admin. Goto Firewall, and set your DMZ host to the outside interface IP of your 3400. It should be in the 192.168.1.0 network. If your 3400 is getting an address for it's outside interface dynamically from the the ActionTec then goto the DHCP server settings on the actiontTec and configure a lease for the 3400 so it get's the same IP every time.

You'll need to proxy the riht traffic to C4 director to make it work - but it sounds like you had that working at one point.

Your iPhone app will use the external address of your actiontec as directors ip. Right now as it stands, all traffic to that address will be handed off to your 3400. Your 3400 needs port forwarding configured for those ports me essay to communicate with director (I don't have them handy right now), so they are passed along the ip of your c4 controller running director.

It sounded like you'd had this running withthe 3400 prior to installing fios and sliding the actiontec in front of your 3400.

Archived