C4 Forums | Control4

Buggy remote control v2

I was just at a clients house tonight because they were saying the HTC does not activate when you press the "4" button.

I went there tonight and checked it out and sure enough when I was pressing the 4 button many times the display never came up on the remotes LCD, as well as the HTC did not display the menu interface on the TV. I had to take the batteries out and put them back in and it still didn't work right away. I finally got it to go when i simply pressed the TV button and it went to TV, then I pressed the 4 button and it went to the menu.

I have installed the latest updates and rebooted the HTC a few times, but the issue still creeps up once in awhile.

Any thoughts? I have added the zigbee remote back into the system after removing it aswell, with no luck.

Sounds like to me the remote was "crashed" (either physically or locked up) - and the reboot reset it. But that you didn't wait long enough for it to re-sync with the Zigbee server. When a remote comes up - and you press the C4 button - it usually takes 10-15 seconds for it to do ANYTHING. Sometimes up to 30 seconds... during this time it's re-establishing itself with the Zigbee server (trying to find the shortest path etc...). I sometimes just sit there hitting the C4 button until it responds... then wait. If it continues to do this - I'd start to suspect the Zigbee server is either out of range or something is wrong with the remotes Zigbee transmitter / receiver.

See I dont mind waiting and playing around with the buttons to get it to come up on the screen, but when the client is paying allot of money for a system they dont want to wait around for these things and start to get disappointed with the system you promised them, thats why we can't have this happen.

loudsubz,

another idea, make sure the Room Control Bindings for the HTC Onscreen Navigator have not changed. For example Theater->On-Screen Device which will be the video endpoint for that room.

Im sorta following you but do you have a screenshot of what it would look like?

loudsubz' date='

another idea, make sure the Room Control Bindings for the HTC Onscreen Navigator have not changed. For example Theater->On-Screen Device which will be the video endpoint for that room.[/quote']

Im sorta following you but do you have a screenshot of what it would look like?

Click Connections - Highlight HTC - Go to the bottom for Room Control.

If this is set to something else, could be a room without an video enpoint such as Living Room->Main, and if so, it will be trying to display the Nav page on that device.

Archived