C4 Forums | Control4

Polk Audio XM Tuner

Taylor

Taylor,

Does the station and song & artist data get displayed on remote / MTS when it's playing?

I also noticed that this tuner has an RS232 interface for integration w/home automation systems. Would writing a serial driver allow station info to be displayed?

Thx,

Max

Yes, the station info is displayed. If you need help figuring that out, let me know. Also, I have not tried the RS232. By saying the station info works, it's "dumb". C4 knows what it told the polk to do, but it doesn't get actual feedback.

Ah, so station info is displayed b/c C4 told it to go to station 123. But song info, which would need to be read from the tuner is not displayed.

I guess to do that we'd need a two-way RS232 driver. Of course Polk doesn't publish their serial protocol to the general public - grumble.

Anyone know when the Serial SDK will ship?

While googling for the serial protocol I ran across a company that makes XM & Serius receivers for custom installations. These support RS232 as well and do publish the serial protocol. http://www.antex.com/products/hi-end_consumer.html

No, even though the system says it went to 123, it will still display that channel info, even though it is just "guessing" that it is on that channel. It will display the station, info, and art on the screensaver it you so choose. BUT no, it will not display artist info, track... that kind of stuff :( Hopefully the C4 xm tuners will ship someday.

Archived