C4 Forums | Control4

Merry Christmas! SR250 remote won't exit "TEST" screen

First, Merry Christmas everybody!

Second, I require the kind assistance of the group here.

I have a pretty basic system (one HC300, one SR250 remote), on software version 1.8.2.

A couple months ago, my SR250 starting having problems connecting to the network. To "remedy" this, I fumbled around pulling the batteries in/out, restarting my system, and experimenting with various key combinations I found on the internet. I eventually ended up on a screen of the SR250 with a bunch of numbers and letters (I honestly don't remember what they were, but I suspect they were the "TEST" screen, which is where I'm stuck today) and I lost my patience with it at this point and stuck it in a drawer. I have an iPad connected to my system and we have been using that as our remote for the past couple of months, but it is a POOR everyday substitute for the remote.

Today, I popped new batteries into the remote and was eventually able to get it to connect to the network by re-identifying it through Composer and pressing the C4 button four times. It behave as though its connected, insofar as the C4 button will pull up the menu (which I am able to navigate using the arrows) and the "ROOM OFF" button will turn the system off. In my cable box environment, I can change channels using the CH+ and CH- or pressing number buttons. I can't use other functions, e.g., the channel guide, because the "GUIDE" button pulls up a "-DATAFLASH IMAGE-" menu that runs a "CRC" test(good news: I pass this test every time!).

Unfortunately, I am stuck in this "TEST" mode purgatory: The "LISTEN" button pulls up a "-POWER-" menu; the blue button pulls up a "-PIEZO TEST-" menu, etc., etc.

I tried "CNCL," which just brings me back to the "TEST Ch 22 FW00.00.08," etc., screen. "LIST" doesn't seem to do anything. Since I don't really recall how I got into this mess, I tried "2, 4, 8, 6, #, *" (what I understand to be the way to enter the remote EDIT mode) but that just changes channels on the cable box.

I also just re-booted my system (by pulling the power cord out on it...is there a better way?!?) and no dice.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-Dan

what about recovering the firmware?

IIRC,

You pull out a battery Press and Hold the Control4 Button and 0 then put the battery back in,

when the Keypad starts flashing let go and it will write the replacement Firmware onto it.

Then you can re-id it and it will flash new firmware. Or if it returns to 1.7 Firmware you will need to upgrade via Embernet.

what about recovering the firmware?

IIRC,

You pull out a battery Press and Hold the Control4 Button and 0 then put the battery back in,

when the Keypad starts flashing let go and it will write the replacement Firmware onto it.

Then you can re-id it and it will flash new firmware. Or if it returns to 1.7 Firmware you will need to upgrade via Embernet.

Well, I pulled the battery, pressed and held C4 and 0, put the battery back in and waited...and waited... I never saw the keypad start flashing and I felt like I'd been holding it for too long, so I let it go. The remote is now back to life (out of the TEST menu) and says it is "Waiting for network." All button functions work, but the LCD doesn't display the menu options. This is an improvement, for sure, but I would really like to see the list of menu options (e.g., to navigate through video sources).

Any further thoughts?

Archived