C4 Forums | Control4

Multi zone audio setup

Malmsey

Hi, I'm new to forum and am planning a control4 system for my house using some of my existing equipment.

Basically, I plan to have 10-12 zones for audio in my house. I'd like to use digital media from my NAS as well as my record player. I currently use a four zone Sonos system and have found it works pretty well. Based on my review of forum posts, it seems that continuing to use and expand Sonos may be the best option.

I don't plan on using Control4 amplification because I own a couple of ATI AT6012 multi zone amplifiers already. My question is how I can control volume in the control4 environment.

Will I just use the Sonos volume control, or will this be controlled through some other manner?

The AT6012 has inputs that allow you to wire volume controls for each zone, but I'm not sure how this would work with Control4. The manual says the following:

"Zone Volume Controls

The AT6012 is equipped with six 2-channel connectors marked Zone 1 through Zone 6. These connectors are Phoenix™ type 3-pin connectors. The volume controls are motorized to ensure the quietest operation and lowest possible distortion. Adjustment of these controls may be made via cabling from a control source or manually by using “momentary switches”. The controls may also be adjusted by simply closing the contact of the “up” or “down” with the “common. "

I don't think I need to use a Control4 matrix audio switch but am willing to be convinced otherwise.

Thanks in advance for any replies/ideas because I find this all a bit confusing.

Anthony

Archived