C4 Forums | Control4

Unable to bring iPod dock 'Online'

Greetings! I just aquired a used iPod dock, and I'm having some difficulties getting it to run.

My project / controllers are still running 1.7.4. I was able to reset the networking info on the dock, identify it in my project, and change the network settings for the dock to a static address.

However, that's as far as it gets. The dock light is green, and when I mount an iPod, it stays green. The Driver output seems to indicate that it is trying to query the firmware version number, and never receiving a reply.

Function: SendDockCmd (strCmd = 2e GetFWVersion param0 = 0 (00) param1 = 0 (00) param2 = 0 (00) param3 = 0 (00) ):

Function: OnPoll id:6001 port:8750:

Function: SendDockCmd (strCmd = 2e GetFWVersion param0 = 0 (00) param1 = 0 (00) param2 = 0 (00) param3 = 0 (00) ):

Function: OnPoll id:6001 port:8750:

Is there any way to determine what software version is on the dock? Is this behavior consistent with the dock being a later version than the controller? If the problem is that the dock is a later version, and won't talk to 1.7.4, then I won't bother fighting it, I'll just wait until we (finally) do our system upgrade.

Archived