C4 Forums | Control4

HTC stopped controlling Plasmas

My system has been up and operational for about 15 months. I have a single HTC controlling a Denon 2805 (serial), DirecTV H-20 (IR) and HR-21 receivers (added in November, IR), Toshiba HD-AD HD-DVD player (added in December, IR), a Panasonic TH-50PX60U (IR) in my living room, and a LG 42PC5D (IR) in my bedroom. Both plasmas use Cat5e to remote the IR blasters from the HTC.

I powered everything down before New Year's to install an equipment rack and UPS in my comm closet. Since then my HTC has not controlled either of my plasmas. I have cleared and rebuilt the project in composer at least 3 times with no change. I have also re-cabled my system at least twice with no improvement. Everything else in the system is controlled by my HTC without issue.

The really strange thing is that I am able to manually emit the IR commands from the HTC to my plasmas. For example I can right click on my Panasonic plasma icon in composer and select "Edit Driver" from the list. From there I can select any of the IR codes and click the "emit" button and I will see the IR blaster illuminate and the command will execute. That tells me its not a physical issue from the HTC to the plasmas. I have also switched the HTC IR outputs around to exclude the possibility that an IR control output on the HTC was bad, which was a stretch given that the manual command worked, and it had no impact.

I ran the interview when I created my last project to be safe and verified that both plasmas are defined as video endpoints in their respective rooms. In the living room the Panasonic plasma has no audio going to it. My Denon is the audio end point for the living room and it works perfect. My LG plasma is both the video and audio endpoint for the bedroom.

I'm out of ideas on what to try next. Has anyone ever seen anything like this? Can anyone give me any suggestions on what to do? This is a really annoying problem.

thanks

Jerry

Check the video end points for the room that the tvs are in. You might find that there's a connection missing. The controller wont try to turn on a tv if it doesnt think its going to show anything. It needs to know all the video paths.

In system design, click on the name of the room with the plasma in it and see if the video sources are available to that room.

Hope this helps

Check the video end points for the room that the tvs are in. You might find that there's a connection missing. The controller wont try to turn on a tv if it doesnt think its going to show anything. It needs to know all the video paths.

In system design, click on the name of the room with the plasma in it and see if the video sources are available to that room.

Hope this helps

Thanks. I verified the video end points for both rooms and my plasmas are both identified as video end points and all of my available video sources are listed. Attached is a screen capture of my living room properties page. Maybe I'm reading it wrong but it looks pretty straightforward.

The only odd item I can find on my HTC is under System Diagnostics --> System Info --> diskfree I see the following:

Filesystem 1k-blocks Used Available Use % Mounted on

/dev/mtdblock3 22308 22308 0 100% /

/dev/ram0 23797 147 23650 1% /mnt/ram

/dev/mtdblock4 20736 13076 7660 63% /mnt/jffs2

/dev/sda1 247903 51437 183667 22% /mnt/internal

Is the MTD block3 device supposed to be 100% used?

thanks

Archived