C4 Forums | Control4

Plex Driver

ECS

Does anybody know if there is a plex driver that works with the new plex PHT. I am currently using the recluse plex driver, but it does not work with this new release. I see the recluse xmbc driver is being updated, but haven't seen any news on the plex driver.

Thx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I prefer Plex as well because it runs on more platforms including my Roku and it has a client/server architecture. The only thing I prefer about XBMC is the ability to watch trailers for each item in your collection. For now I just use the Roku to browse the library, but I would love to have it on the Control4 system. Maybe I can look into this for a future driver project. 

• 2 weeks later...

I emailed RecluseAV and they indicated they have no plans to update the driver at this time. They may consider in the future if there's enough interest, but I am not holding my breath. Probably unlikely to get done now that Alan no longer works there. I had my dealer switch to IR control.

This driver works https://github.com/RDX/Drivers/tree/master/PLEX if you change the following:

local path = "/system/players/" .. Properties["Plex Media Client Host"] .. strPath
to
 local path = "/player" .. strPath

I haven't gotten around to fixing the parameters, but do the following if you want to make this work

1. Plex Media Client Host - IP of PHT

2. Plex Media Server Port - 3005

3. When addressing your PHT player under connections, set the connection to the IP of PHT

This all works for me just fine.

Archived