C4 Forums | Control4

Free Amazon FireTV driver

We just released a free driver for the Amazon FireTV. It provides both IR interface control and DIAL (Discovery and Launch) over IP. It will require you to pickup a specific USB IR Receiver on amazon. (roughly $12) The driver provides control for directional arrows, play/pause/stop/skip, home, select, and back. The DIAL functionality allows you to start and stop DIAL enabled applications from the number pad in navigator or through programming. Our office currently has a keypad that lowers the shades, turns on AV equipment, and launches YouTube on the FireTV. The application must support DIAL, and at the time of release, the only app on the FireTV that supports DIAL is YouTube. I suspect that Netflix, Hulu, and others will follow suit shortly. (Netflix invented DIAL)

This driver provides everything you really need. Believe me when I say we looked at several approaches to FireTV integration. I know some people have a preference for IP only drivers. We built an IP only solution, but wasn't something we felt comfortable putting our name on, yet. This driver is the most effective solution presently, and works great.

More Info / Download driver

-Jim Sparkman

• 2 months later...

I have used a FLIRC with this driver and it works quite well.

I would attach the config file but apparently I do not have appropriates rights to do so. I did email a copy of the config file to Chris at Houselogix for his review.

Archived