C4 Forums | Control4

Using a Thirdy Party Amp with Control4

phreeze

The big difference between using a 3rd party amp compared to a Control4 amp is the additional options like default volumes per zone and for media scenes. It all still works, just no resetting the volumes for you. Whatever you shut it off at is what it's coming on at.

We have used Marantz ZS5300, SpeakerCraft MZC-66, and now Niles ZR4 systems. I'm sure you could use Xantech amps and many others that are out there, you just need IR input and the codes.

Are those just amps or fully switched matrix setup? I am looking for a more affordable way to get in. I need some help. I am all wired up..building a home..I have been looking at a new product from Leviton the AE6 or the AE6MC. The specs look good but can't find it except online

http://www.lashen.com/vendors/leviton/Structured_Media/architectural.asp

If I were to use another amp then do I install volume controls from another manufacturer or keypads or do I just use control4 remotes and maybe a minitouch or lcd here or there? Thankls for replying. I have been making myself ill over this

• 1 month later...

Sorry that I haven't checked back in a while, all of those are matrix and amplifier, with volume control for each zone. I'm also going to email you and make sure you get this information. These and other systems (Russound, Nuvo, etc.) can do smaller systems for you until you decide to upgrade to more zones or more control.

Archived