C4 Forums | Control4

Irrigation Caddy turning off by itself

I regrettably replaced my perfectly good Rain8 controller recently with an irrigation caddy.

Apart from not being able to get the touch screen app working (IC have been of no assistance at all despite several support requests).

The next issue I have discovered today is when a zone is turned on from C4, either via programming or manually controlling the zone from the touch screen the IC runs the zone for 15 minutes and then turns it off. I can see the 15 minute timer running in the IC web GUI. 

The only area I can find in the IC interface where zone run times are limited is under settings>other where you set a max run time . Mine is set to 30 minutes so that is not limiting the run time to 15 minutes.

Any Ideas??

Edit------>> I found it - under the driver properties in C4 you can limit the run time for each zone!!

OK so I solved my earlier issue and I figured I would just set up the run times in the IC and run then call program from C4

There is a device command for Run Program but for the life of me I cannot see how you call a specific program. The documentation says

**Run Program**

Used to run a program. Regardless of what program number is sent, the program contents for the program number
sent will be copied to the Run Now program, and executed; therefore on devices like the ICEthS1 which have up to
3 saveable programs, the status will report that program number 4 is running, as opposed to some other program if a
different program number was sent other than number 4.

This indicates you can send a program number (eg run program 2) and in the IC interface that will be coppied to the Run Now program and display as program 4

When I send a run program command nothing happens.

I don't like to run down products and I hope it is just my stupidity but given I cant get the touch screen app to work, and with this issue it seems the product is serverely lacking

Archived