C4 Forums | Control4

Suggestion for Audio splitter?

jpmarno

I need to split 8 stereo audio sources. (16 inputs 32 outputs).

Or can I use component splitters for audio? this would give me 2 stereo channels for each component splitter (RGBLR) - i.e. a 4 channel component splitter would have 20 inputs and 40 outputs

I assume there's some reason you're not wanting to use a C4 audio matrix? I'm using one and it works great.

As to using a component splitter, it sounds like you're talking about running two pairs of audio inputs into and out of each component input, but unless you want them switching together, I would think that you'd have the problem that a component switcher is unlikely to be designed to allow, for example, the red and blue from input one to go to the green and vertical of output 2 while the green and vertical of input one to go to the green and vertical of output 4. That is to say, the 5 strands likely have to be pathed together . . .

--Jason

I am intend on using 2 x C4 audio matrix - the audio splitter is used to route audio to both of the matrix switches - (I am wondering if I can use the video channels of an audio/video splitter as other audio channels - anybody ever tried this - not sure why it wouldn't work - )

All you want is a total of 8 sources and 32 zones. and it is not really 16 sources. Use a tee or Y cables. You would use 1 Y cable or tee for both the left and right channel. you would split the signal at the source equipment and then feed the it into each matrix switcher allowing you to control any one of the 8 sources and be able to select them in any one of the 32 zones. If you are listening to source 1 on switcher 1 you have to listen to the same thing if you select the same source on switcher 2.

Archived