C4 Forums | Control4

Control 4 Whit Lifestayle 38 Bose

shukic

HI EVERYBODY

I NEED IN MY PROJECT TO CONNECT CONTROL 4 TO BOSE LIFE STYLE 38 I SAW THE DRIVERS IN THE FORUM MY QUESTION IS : I NEED TO OPERATE 2 ZONE AMPLIFIER AND I DON'T KNOWN HOW TO DO IT WHIT THIS DRIVER SECOND HOW THE BOSE CAN WORK WHIT AN INFRA RED DRIVER I KNOWN THE WORK WHIT RF REMOTE CONTROL ?

THANK YOU EVERYONE

SHUKI C

• 1 year later...

I have a BOSE Lifestyle 48 fully integrated in to the C4 system. I just had it installed. It is being controlled by IR. I do not know abt LS 38. Sure there must be some drivers available.

Only prob so far, I cannot access my UMusic. Waiting for my dealer to figure it out.

the bose lifestyle systems are easy to integrate with c4 - including umusic and multiple zones with sa3's .. (there are some bugs with the v20/30 systems though)

all can be run from c4 --

1. you have to enable in the bose menu the ability of the bose to accept IR commands .

2. you almost have to install the ir bug inside the front lip of the bose as using an external bug on bose is dicey at best - internally mounted (which is easy - and tool less) it is much better response.

3. umusic is just another source - i actually use the driver from urc for all the codes and added them in to the c4 drivers ..

4. same with multiple zones off a sa3 - use urc remote codes and you can control source, volume for each sa3 ... but for umusic you have to use a bose pmcII remote as there is no other 2way from bose ...

you can also use the special room code O and an analog bose output cable from the last sa3 or from the media center and feed the bose output to to the c4 system ..

now all this is nice - but the fact is the bose lifestyle has only 40GB of hard drive storage, can only play 2 streams of audio even in mulitzone systems (really only one external stream) and I have seen a lot of problems with the bose wireless link (they also step all over zigbee channels as each bose link transmitter uses over 3 channels if you check it with wispy and it will channel hop) , the pmcII will go offline at a whim also ..... but people keep buying them like crazy and if you get them all set up in a house with no heavy duty wifi (re luxul) or other rf in the either the 900mhz or 2.4ghz range with not to great a distance - they work ok ...

Archived