C4 Forums | Control4

3 Button Keypad Troubles

I have an older 3 button keypad that was upgraded to Zigbee Pro awhile back in my project (it's also in a tabletop enclosure if that makes any difference) on firmware version 3.19.49.  The only way to get it to identify initially was to move it close to a ZAP (HC300 and put the zigbee on channel 11).  After that procedure, the zigbee channel was changed back to auto.  Now this keypad will only work in the area of the house that's near that secondary ZAP and not anywhere else.  I don't think the problem is with signal itself,  as we have a bunch of switches and devices, and even next to other devices with full signal, I have the same issues.  When it moves to another part of the house, it simply doesn't work - it doesn't look for other devices to communicate through, it just stops.  Move it back to the other room and it's fine.  There is only 1 Zigbee mesh with the server and coordinator being an HC800, with a HC300 in a more remote area of the house for better signal.  I have put this off for awhile, and would like to finally get this working if anyone  has any suggestions!

Archived