C4 Forums | Control4

System Remote won't always go to source!

I have set up a system with one MUSIC source (Logitech MP3 player), one TV source (AT&T Uverse box) and one VIDEOS source (Media Center PC).

Now all I want is to have the system go to the proper source whenever MUSIC, TV, or VIDEOS is pressed on the system remote . . .

Sometimes, for a short while, it actually does that, then suddenly pressing a button does nothing except light up the display- I have to press the LCD button, and navigate all the way down to the desired source and enter it to get it to play.

I can't find anything in Composer to allow me to set one of those buttons to always just go to the source (I can program most of the other buttons to do that, but not the obvious ones!)

According to the User Guide, pressing one of the System buttons should make the system go to the last source selected under that button and play it.

What am I missing???? :mad:

Thanks!

Unfortunately this is not possilble. The buttons actually go to the most recent source (in the correct order). The best way to perform this task is to press the lcd button first, then the function (ie music) then use the list navigator to select the appropriate source you would like.

Dan

I gave up on trying to figure this out for myself, and called Tech Support!

After spending a lot of time trying to replicate the problem, the tech asked me to load the Control4 System Manager, disable to HC500, and re-enable it.

That did the trick- apparently there was something corrupted in the HC500 that was causing the system remote to act buggy!

. . . I just thought I'd share that, in case anyone else has a similar problem- it wasn't a solution I would've ever come up with on my own!

Orrin

Archived