C4 Forums | Control4

Sonos Connect programming problem

Hoping someone here can help me with a frustrating bug in my programming somewhere.

I have had 2 Sonos Connects in my C4 setup for several years (Sonos 1 and Sonos 2).  They are connected to a C4 16x16 matrix and then into dumb amps.  I listen to mostly music services through them and have never had a problem listening to different sources in different rooms.

I recently added a 3rd Sonos Connect also integrated into the 16x16 matrix.  My programmer said all he did was add the 3rd Sonos into the system.

Now, when I choose to play a music service through the C4 navigator, the system always selects Sonos 3 for the first room.  When I try to play something different in a 2nd room, Control4 is causing the Sonos Connects to "group" together so I am unable to play different things in different rooms (I seem them as grouped in the Sonos App).

The odd thing is that if I select the music service by first going to the Sonos Connect in the Navigator then it works correctly.

So:

Room - Listen - Spotify not working correctly (always selects Sonos 3 for the first room)

Room - Listen - Sonos - Spotify works correctly.

Any ideas why this is happening?

Hoping someone here can help me with a frustrating bug in my programming somewhere.

I have had 2 Sonos Connects in my C4 setup for several years (Sonos 1 and Sonos 2).  They are connected to a C4 16x16 matrix and then into dumb amps.  I listen to mostly music services through them and have never had a problem listening to different sources in different rooms.

I recently added a 3rd Sonos Connect also integrated into the 16x16 matrix.  My programmer said all he did was add the 3rd Sonos into the system.

Now, when I choose to play a music service through the C4 navigator, the system always selects Sonos 3 for the first room.  When I try to play something different in a 2nd room, Control4 is causing the Sonos Connects to "group" together so I am unable to play different things in different rooms (I seem them as grouped in the Sonos App).

The odd thing is that if I select the music service by first going to the Sonos Connect in the Navigator then it works correctly.

So:

Room - Listen - Spotify not working correctly (always selects Sonos 3 for the first room)

Room - Listen - Sonos - Spotify works correctly.

Any ideas why this is happening?

There's an article in the knowledge base discussing problems with feeding Sonos into matrix switches.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, atldunns said:

Can you tell me where I can see this linking and change it?

when you go Properties your will  see the zoneplayer name which sonos it is linked. To change the link just go to "Action"  and press select next zone player.

Archived