C4 Forums | Control4

LEDs out of Sync

I am new to programming control4, recently got Composer HE. What drove me nuts prior to getting the Composer HE, is that I would come home, press Home On -- specific lights go to 50%. All those LEDs on the 6 button keypads would go to yellow. Then I would press AWAY, and all the lights go off. However the LEDs still show yellow, and not Blue for OFF. What??

So now I have composer HE. I see the way the program was laid out. When press Home On -- calls a scene setting the lights to 50%. Because there is a variable set for each press on the 6 button key pad, it sets either the Lo, or Hi, or turns off the light. When I call Home On -- it calls the scene to Turn on these lights to 50%. No variables are initialized. Yet the LED lights start from blue and then go to Yellow. Press Away -- variables are reset to zero, and turns off rooms.

However the LEDs stay lit.

If I go to a 6 button key pad, press a single button -- it calls the Hall Lo routine, sets the light to 50%, and LED to Yellow. Press Away, light goes off, but LED stays yellow.

So then I tried pressing single button twice -- which now calls Hall HI routine, press Away, and the LED goes from Green (ON) back to Blue which is OFF -- What?

I tried forcing the LED to OFF, in teh Device Events under the AWAY - so when it is yellow, it goes back to blue. I have tried just about everything, without rewriting the entire program. But in all cases -- if the LED is in the Hall LO scenario, it gets out of sync. If Hall HI is on, it is in sync.

Ideas on what I can do?

Here is an example

1. Press button #2 on the 6 keypad

2. This sets the variable -- Hall Light = Hall LIght + 1

3. Under the varible Hall light is

If variables Hall Light Greater than 3

Variables->Hall Light = 1

if Variables->Hall Light Equal to 1

Execute Scene Hall Lo

if Variable -> Hall Light = 2

Execute Scene Hall HI

if Variable Hall Light = 3

Turn off hall Room -> Hall Light (Dimmer)

4. On the "When the variable Variables Away Changes it has (shortened form)

Variables Hall Light = 0

Execute Scene Away

So if the light is on LO -- the LED stays yellow, however the light goes off, LED stays yellow.

If the LED is at GREEN or HI - the LED goes off like it should.

Maybe I am missing something here, but it seems to me if the LED is not in the HI State, it will not be in Sync.

I suppose an alternative is to first check all my values from my varilables, and if they are at 1, bump them to two, set the lights to HI, and then turn them off.

Please == any ideas?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't get into your program, nor do I wish to.. but I'll offer two recommendations..

1. at each of the HALL_LIGHT variable tests (the IF statements) place an additional assignment statement to set the LED of the keypad (or other switches/dimmers) the the LED color of your choice. Make sure you uncheck the keypad managed box for the given keypad button. [i use this approach all the time for my projects].

2. Place STOP commands between each IF STATEMENT that checks the value of HALL_LIGHT. This will speed up the program and also ensure only the commands you wish to execute are executed for each value of HALL_LIGHT

I do not regularly visit this site (due to work load) so I'm afraid I may not see any followup questions you might post after my post...sorry..mfjv4

Archived