C4 Forums | Control4

System Extremely laggy after power outage

jesh

Well, we had a long power outage, and the battery backup held up for 20 min or so before losing it's charge.

The system all came back up at once. The whole next day it has been running very unstable. About every 10 minutes or so it becomes very laggy (responding very slow!!) but the commands are still being 'queued up', just coming out maybe 10-15 seconds later.

Anyone have any ideas?

Well now everything is hosed.

About half of switches (45) have the top light green and the bottom the color I had set it. They don't work.

I can no longer see the director on the network, but I can ping the device.

The navigators can't connect either.

Like I said, it's pingable so the physical connection is good... please help this is ridiculous.

Dan, appreciate the help but I got everything back up and running. No idea on this one. I basically shut down the whole network, including Control4's equipment and brought everything back online one at a time, in what I would assume was a good order

cable modem, router, switch, MC, HTC's, then the rest.

Thanks again though Dan! If it continues being laggy I will let you know if that's alright?

Greg

Jesh, you've hit on the correct power reset order..

The last thing you should do (for the same reasons you've done the power resets) is change the zigbee channel on the z-server to a new channel. When it is online on the new channel, reset it back down to the original channel number. This will cause all the zigbee network (switches, dimmers, keypads, thermostats, etc) to reconnnect to the z-server in an optimal way. When power outages occur the natural zigbee behavior is to reconnect to the "next best neighbor" in the z-network - this is more likely than not, a non-optimal zigbee topology. This will ensure your project has the best possible z-network topology possible.

..mfjv4

Archived