C4 Forums | Control4

Help with HE Programming Volume & LED color change when input changes

I have a 3 Button in the Laundry Room. When you push the bottom button, it turns on the Plasma and starts a Barney Video for my son. I need to know how to do two items which I can not figure out how to do in HE. Can someone please explain, like I am a 4 year old, exactly what I need to do (and how to do it) foe the following:

1. Set the volume on the Plasma to 53;

2. Change the LED color back to green when the input changes. (I could not figure it out so I programmed it to go back to green after 5 minutes)

Attached is the screen shot.

1) Your TV has to suppose discrete volume control... most do not... so you may have no way to do that.

2) I'd change your entire program... you're doing to much hand holding to the control4 system. Just tell Control4 - Select Disc 112 in Family room. It'll know to turn the TV on, the Disc Changer on, hitting play etc... etc... What is the purpose of changing the LED to begin with?

Thank you Selmay. The purpose is to know when some walks in through the garage whether the disc is playing. That's why I have it going from green to red and would like it to go back to green or another color, when someone begins watching TV. Also, thank you for the advice, I will reprogram to just pick the disc. I did not know that it would turn on the TV and select the right input. I am still learning. Please let me know how to do it in HE and I will be grateful.

Tony.

OK - so you will not be able to program the volume to xx setting as your TV doesn't support it - sorry.

As for the LEDs changing colors - yes - do what TurboKuake mentioned and that would work well.

So for example:

- WHEN VIDEO SOURCE CHANGES

- If Source is DVD

- Change LED on 6 button to RED

- If Source is Satellite

- Change LED on 6 button to GREEN

(each indent is a sub routine).

Also - does your disc changer have actual media you programmed into it on the system? Meaning - slot 112 is really "TOP GUN" and it shows up that way? If so - that's really how you want to tell the system to program to get that movie...

^ What he said :)

If you only want it to be RED when the Barney dvd is playing though you would need another conditional.

EX:

- WHEN VIDEO SOURCE CHANGES

- If Source is DVD

-If the Rack -> Sony Changer Disc is = 112

- Change LED on 6 button to RED

- If Source NOT DVD

- Change LED on 6 button to GREEN

Also notice the second conditional changed to a NOT. So if any other source is selected it will return back to Green.

Also note that with this in place, you do not need the code on the 3 button keypad to change the LED colors cause this will take care of it either way.

It didn't work. I think/know I am doing something wrong. First, I notice on some items my dealer programed there is an indentation from the ? and the action. In the attached there is no indentation. How do I get that indentation?

When I press the button, it goes to red and then imeaditaly back to green. I put a delay of 5 minutes after the first 2 ?'s and the setting of the color to red, but it went back to green after 5 minutes even though the video was still playing. I know its me and thank you for being paitent.

Tony

Archived