C4 Forums | Control4

HC300 lockup

I have a 2 HC300 in my rack one is running director and is working fine the other has all the ir's in it and won't identify. I tried pulling the power cord and waiting 1 minute then re energizing, no change. what is the procedure for a complete reset?

i have this 300 plugged directly into the router. the other 300 that is working is plugged into the switch. it's been like this for 5 months. Director is running on the other 300 that is up and running. i don't see it listed on the router. but the light on the router is on for that port

i have this 300 plugged directly into the router. the other 300 that is working is plugged into the switch. it's been like this for 5 months. Director is running on the other 300 that is up and running. i don't see it listed on the router. but the light on the router is on for that port

Doesn't sound like it is communicating if you cannot see it on the router.

You've already stated you rebooted the 300.

Sounds like you're gonna have to call your tech up..

Good Luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Just experienced the same problem with my HC-300 today. been working fine, was a slave unit not running director. came home and the link light was out and the wi-fi light was yellow. unplug to reset and the wi-fi light will blink several times and then turn yellow. the link light will never light-up. can't identify the unit or see it on the network. the network jack shows a green connection on the back of the unit.

Ideas?

Just experienced the same problem with my HC-300 today. been working fine, was a slave unit not running director. came home and the link light was out and the wi-fi light was yellow. unplug to reset and the wi-fi light will blink several times and then turn yellow. the link light will never light-up. can't identify the unit or see it on the network. the network jack shows a green connection on the back of the unit.

Ideas?

What version are you running?

How long did you leave the unit unplugged?

Have you tried again since?

Have you rebooted your network?

Is the unit on Static IP?

Good Luck.

Got it fixed. did some searching and learned about using the identify button to do a hard reset. I held the identify button down for 30 seconds and the unit reset and is now working perfectly again. no idea what caused the issue in the first place. will see if the unit is stable over the coming days.

Archived