C4 Forums | Control4

Thermostatic Heat Valve

Hi

In the current times of high energy prices and the buzz word of 'carbon footprint. I am looking for some type of thermostatic valve system for water pumped central heating that can be retro fitted to radiators or maybe a small amount of work but not changing the heating system itself.

The idea is, using Control4 to control when the heat can be turned down in certain rooms at different times of the day. So for instance during the day you could say the bedroom temperature can be lowered as these rooms are not really used but the down stairs of the house the temperature is increased. Then at around 7pm the temperature in the bedroom is increased etc etc

Also I would want control4 to be able to monitor the temperature like it can with its own thermostat and be changed manually.

Any ideas ?

cheers

Andrew

Well since I actually have a bit of info on that one, I'll use this thread to introduce myself. Another Jason here (hehe) I've been lurking around reading here for a month or so, total n00b without even level 1 training yet (company sent the wrong 2 techs last time around, then fired 'em... go figure) though I'm about to jump into my 1st 'solo' programming venture here in a couple weeks.

Anyway we are dealers serving the Winter Park, CO area (Ski Resort town), so we deal with a lot of "part-time" home owners as well as a lot of "short term rental" homes (omg what a pain). Point being, a few systems ago we had a home owner that wanted the water main to his house to be shut off automatically when any one of the 10 water bugs on the security system were tripped. We used an electronic shut off valve, had to have a plumber come in to install it of course, but it works like a charm. I suppose you could use the same concept by isolating your zones with such a device, although it would be an all or nothing solution (no lowering temp, just shut off).

*Greetings folks, you are sure to see me around asking some total n00b questions :-)

Archived