C4 Forums | Control4

Can Control4 display the Composer TCOM id3v2 tag?

larryalk

I am in the process of ripping to mp3 nearly 200 cds purchased by me over the years.

For classical music it would be nice to fill in the composer tag (e.g. Mozart) and have that displayed when browsing for music to play.

I have a very nice tagging program Mp3tag/Studio that is very full featured. It will

easily fill in the Composer aka TCOM id3v2 tab.

Can Control4 handle it?

Larry

I am in the process of ripping to mp3 nearly 200 cds purchased by me over the years.

For classical music it would be nice to fill in the composer tag (e.g. Mozart) and have that displayed when browsing for music to play.

I have a very nice tagging program Mp3tag/Studio that is very full featured. It will

easily fill in the Composer aka TCOM id3v2 tab.

Can Control4 handle it?

Larry

You can edit your media with Media Edition.

Add cover art, titles, etc.

. . . .I have a very nice tagging program Mp3tag/Studio that is very full featured. It will easily fill in the Composer aka TCOM id3v2 tab. Can Control4 handle it?

Larry

To expand upon what K&J wrote and to give a little more insight you will have to manually add the Composer info. As a pro musician by trade I understand that tag where many might not. There is a difference in classical music where there is the Composer and then there is the Artist. In classical music the Composer and the Artist are almost never the same person. You can have the same song by one composer recorded by 100 different Artists. Unfortunately C4 does not read the TCOM id3v2 tag.

C4 will read the Tittle, Artist and Track. The Artist will usually be who recorded the Album i.e. London Phil, Boston Pops, etc, again you will have to manually add the Composer info. If the Composers name is in the Album Title then you can see who that Composer is. BUT if it's a compilation album you will not get any Composer info unless it's in the Track listing.

Hope that helps.

Archived