C4 Forums | Control4

Programming Discrete IR Codes

sjj31a

I installed 3 new tv's in my kids rooms and am having problems with the discrete inputs. According to Sharp discretes are available even though the remote just has a single input key. They sent me the following attachment for inout 1, input 2, input 3 etc. I just don't understand how to program into the c4 system as I am not familiar with the format. Can anyone help?

Format is Input 2 example:

10000 110011 00 10 01 133

The headers are for the fields are:

System 15 Bit for the 1st 15 characters re: 10000 110011 00 10

The Hex Code for re: 01 133

See attachment

Steve

I installed 3 new tv's in my kids rooms and am having problems with the discrete inputs. According to Sharp discretes are available even though the remote just has a single input key. They sent me the following attachment for inout 1, input 2, input 3 etc. I just don't understand how to program into the c4 system as I am not familiar with the format. Can anyone help?

Format is Input 2 example:

10000 110011 00 10 01 133

The headers are for the fields are:

System 15 Bit for the 1st 15 characters re: 10000 110011 00 10

The Hex Code for re: 01 133

See attachment

Steve

Interesting how you can do this with HE.

You do realize that having Composer Pro is pirating.

That is of course unless you are a Dealer, are you a Dealer?

Your dealer give you Composer Pro?

Please do not misunderstand me here.

I am all for DIY'ers. I am one myself.

If you have Composer Pro you should have gone through a Well Taught class for certification.

If you do have that certification this is not the forum to be asking this type of question.

That would be the Dealer Forum Directly through Control 4.

If you Do Not have that certification, do you not find it ironic to have a program that others have had to receive certification for and you come to a forum to learn? Become a Dealer. Receive Certification.

HE (Home Edition)has limitations for reasons.

I applaud Dan for this forum and am grateful for this type of forum.

What gets in my craw is the few out there that have pirated Composer Pro and then come here to learn.

Ok, now for my response. Here is my problem, I just spent $75K on a C4 install and my dealer went bankrupt before the job was finished but after they collected most of my money (control4 knows who) So now I am stuck. I have been privledged that some of the programmers who worked on my project are still in the area but they were newbies as the more experienced ones had already moved on prior to the biz shutting down as such their experience is limited (ie they didn't even know how to setup jpg cameras).

So here I am left trying to fix the system myself and having already gotten taken for a ride, not willing (or able) to spend another 25K to get fixed. So I am trying to patch things together and make the system work. When I say that I installed, I am fixing stuff with the help of this board and a remote dealer who is doing the actually heavy program lifting (yes I am even running wires myself to fix glitches and install uninstalled contact switches (no rhyme intended)), I applaud various dealers who have worked with me and I say a big thank you, I may have jumped the gun as I was waiting for a response back on this issue from a dealer and I thought I would help him out (he probably didn't need my help) so I thought I would throw it out to the board.

That is my story, I apologize if I have offended you. It is amazing though, that as an owner of a large company myself, that there are as many dealer problems as there are with C4, as I have been giving recommondations to other people who have had similiar experiences to me. It makes the reputable dealers such as yourself and the people on this board look bad. On the flip side, I thought I went with one of those dealers and they took me.

Here is the worst part, I paid $3000 for an extended warranty on all my equipment and I found out the other day they never paid the warranty company and now I also don't have a warranty on my hardware. Oh well, live and learn........

Oh PS, I did try to establish my own dealership (last winter before the install as I loved this product) but C4 wouldn't do it because of the powerhouse in town that went bankrupt. Maybe I should call them back now that no one is left around ????

Steve - I do feel your pain and sorry. I do agree with K&J... pirated is still pirated.

25k will NOT be what it would cost to get your system fixed. We've done quite a few systems similar to yours and what you're describing is something that can be fixed in just a few hours... we've repaired similar systems with other customers who have similar problems. If you'd like, we'd be willing to help you fix it remotely, but I doubt you'll find many dealers who will encourage / help you else wise. Now, if it was a programming issue with Composer HE - all the dealers here (and advanced users) would be more than willing to jump in and help you out. :)

Just to be clear, I was planning on having the dealer make the change and he didn't know how to do it, so I figured I would do some legwork for him and am not doing this myself (I understand it is not possible with Composer HE).

I will contact you to do it. I appreciate it.

Archived