C4 Forums | Control4

PDF of my system design

swoop19

Looks good!

Few questions. I am not 100% sure what the HTC in the living room does. I presume it supplies the on-screen, but I can't determine what else. Am I correct? If this is the case, have you considered using the on-screen from the MC? You've already got a video switcher in place that can handle this. Second, you have the Elan Quad video server controlled via IR. I am not sure what device driver template you would use to create that. I am not quite sure what the client would see on-screen to change the manually cameras - or is going to be on auto-rotate all the time?

BTW. Did you use Visio to create it or was it the Audio/Video System Design?

Jeff,

Great attention to detail. I will however let you know that I had some issues with using the denon 1906 tuner as there is no rs232 on it and that makes tuner selection a pain in the ass. Also there are known issues with volume control via ir with it. i would say move up to the 2106 if only for those reasons.

Dog

I am using the HTC both as on screen (so there is no conflict between rooms) as well as to stream the digital media and connect to the Denon receiver.

For the Elan ViaQuad, I built my own IR driver under the VCR group and have the ability to choose any of the 4 cameras individually, quad mode, cycle through the 4, etc. I pretty much learned all of the codes to what I thought were appropriate buttons on the remote.

As far as IR problems with the volume control of the Denon receivers, I have edited the IR drivers and have them working just fine. Direct tuner preset selection is the only sticking point right now. I can set up a macro to send out a specific group (A,B,C,D,E) and a specific preset (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) but seems to be a pain to get those to issue from the appropriate media icon on the onscreen. Anyone with any hints?

Oh yeah. The drawing was done using Visio and the proposal software we use is D-Tools.

Hope that answers everyone's questions.

What I plan on doing is finishing this install and posting the file on these forums for others to use or copy or manipulate to their liking. I think if we all do the same, we can come up with some pretty solid systems and won't have to start from scratch on every job. Thanks everyone for the feedback. Keep it coming, Jeff

• 2 months later...
Here is a system proposal in PDF format that I am working on. I would like some opinions. Thanks, Jeff

swoop, love the diagram!

Have you finished the programing and is the system working well?

I do have a few questions - Do you have the osd from the MC routed through the Knox switch as well for use in the office, master bed, and kitchen? or does the user only use the system remote control for each room? There has been other threads on this site that have warned of this but I am very interested in the smoothness of functionality one can expect with a system design like this (either using only the SRC and or the shared OSD from the MC) ?

I have got a job that is very similar to this - any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

HSAccess

The OSD of the Media Controller feeds all the TVs, so when you press the 4 button the menu says "switching to Office(or other location)" for about 2 seconds and then is ready to go.

The system is finished and working very well. We have added 4 more cameras for the basement and tied those in and I made custom buttons for each room to go directly to the specific cameras and the homeowner loves it. I really wish I had wire the doorbell into the system so I could have the TVs switch to the front door cam when it was pressed.

My other change if I were to requote the system would be to use the Panasonic IP cameras with their TV adaptor. It allows onscreen control of pan and tilt and zoom(some cameras).

Jeff,

So am I right in thinking that you have taken the componet out from the MC to the Knox Switch?

I am using a B&K CT600 as the audio amplifier and video switcher. This IR driver from C4 seems to work great thus far.

You had previously metioned posting the finished system file on this site. I agree that could help everyone improve the wheel instead of reinventing it. Although your project does differ somewaht and in equipment, the system design is very similar. Do you plan on posting it?

HSAccess

Archived