C4 Forums | Control4

Large Red Control4 Button not working

fdastoor

Push it shortly 4 times and see if it shows the navigator.

Do you see any IR activity when pushing the button?

If you go into the menu on the small LCD of the remote and then push the C4 button, does it go back to the starting screen (showing the zone name) on the remote?

Does the rest of the remote work?

Joachim

1] Pulled batteries on remote and replaced --- no improvement

2] Pressed Control4 button 4 times -- no change

3] If I go to LCD menu and then press Control4 - correct zone shown on remote but no navigation screen seen as projector does not turn on and no IR activity noted.

4] I can turn on all devices and control them from the remote and navigate using the LCD screen on remote.

5] I tried re boot of HTC 500 that is connected to the projector with no change. This is not the controlling unit. An HTC 300 in the system is the controlling unit. Should this be rebooted?

OOps sorry, I meant that the HTC 500 is connected to the receiver which is then connected to the projector.

Pressing the Control4 button does nothing. It does not turn on the receiver or the projector and hence no On Screen navigator.

Looks like the hardware of the remote is ok (still reacts to the red button) but somehow programming is off by a bit.

If you put the projector and receiver on the right input manually, does it show the navigator?

Try rebooting both controllers to see if that helps...

Archived