C4 Forums | Control4

Wireless Thermostat - HC-500 Not Identifying

I have hooked up a Wireless Thermostat (B-CCZ-T1-W) and in manual mode I can manage Temp setpoints, fan, etc so I know it is at least hooked up properly. Here is how I have it configured:

- Power Stealing enabled

- Battery Connected as well

- DIP switches set to "Fuel" for both settings (I have tried both Electric and Fuel for testing purposes but no difference)

- I know the Power Stealing is working properly because the battery icon disappears when I attach it to the wall. I have also installed without the battery and it powered up.

- I Do Not have a Common Wire attached for dedicated power

- The Wireless Thermostat is located on the same floor and only about 16 feet away from the HC-500 with no walls in between them

- I don't have any other dimmers, switches, etc in the house yet

- I have the 10.5" V2 Touch Panel

- When I press the Thermostat button 4 times the Thermostat reads "Identify" where the date normally is

- I am using Composer 1.7.0 and when trying to Identify the Thermostat it does get recognized for some reason.

- I have detached from the wall and on battery power I have tried to Identify it when only a few feet from the HC-500 (reading some other threads I dont think this should work since Zigbee is not active when on battery)

- Composer 1.7.0 shows the Zigbee server is running and set to Channel 0

- I have a wireless phone that operates at 5.8 Ghz and I have turned it off

Does anyone have any other recommendations for getting the Zigbee Server to recognize the Wireless Thermostat?

Archived