C4 Forums | Control4

Shut Off LEDs on Dimmers

ChefTel

(I've searched the forums for this, but pls point me to one if it has been discussed already)

I have 6 dimmers in my bedroom. At night, the room is better lit than I'd like. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to deal with this? (if the answer is to shut off the LEDs, can you point me to the programming to enable this) I'm open to any solution....thx

You can create a scheduled event to set all LED's in a room - dimmers, switches, 6BKP, etc. to black. Or create a custom button that contains the programming to set all LEDs to black.

Providing you have HE, just look in Programming.

I've done the exact thing your asking. I have the led's lit until 10pm so that you can see the switches in the dark. After 10pm they turn off so no extra light in the room, then as of 7am they turn back on. Quite simple to do with Composer HE.

(I've searched the forums for this, but pls point me to one if it has been discussed already)

I have 6 dimmers in my bedroom. At night, the room is better lit than I'd like. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to deal with this? (if the answer is to shut off the LEDs, can you point me to the programming to enable this) I'm open to any solution....thx

Sorry if I'm misreading this, but I think part of what you're asking is how to actually turn off the LEDs in the first place. It's actually not that intuitive in my opinion. You set the color to black. There's nothing actually called an "off" option. In the color selector, though, if you pick the black square it will be off, and as per the other posts here, you can do that with a timed event, etc. I have our LEDs in the bedroom set to go off at night as well.

--Jason

Archived