C4 Forums | Control4

Looking for flush mount audio jack to put on desk

jbs

OK, sorry that this is not specifically C4-related, but I have one of my audio outputs coming to a 1/8" female jack at the end of an audio extension cord on my desk. I plug in my headphones when I'd like to watch the TV without disturbing my office-mate (my wife).

I use it all the time, and I was hoping to "dress it up" a bit. What I had in mind was a nice metal audio jack that I can mount through the lip at the front of the desk, the kind of thing where you might drill a 1/4" hole in the wood, feed the barrel through from the back and screw a flange on the front to cover the hole and a dab of hot glue inside to keep it in place.

I'd prefer to find something that's an actual audio extension cable, i.e. the other end is a male 1/8" plug, that way there's no soldering or connections in the vicinity of the new desk plug.

So, a fairly specific request I know. Any ideas on where I might look for something like that? Thanks in advance for any advice.

--Jason

P.S. I know I could just take a regular audio extension cable, drill a hole the same size and push/pound it through. But without the flange to make it look "finished" I'm reluctant to deface the desk (which I really like). So if I can't find something like this, I'll probably just file it away and wait till someone makes what I'm looking for.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived