C4 Forums | Control4

Speaker Points and Streaming Digital Audio

lasvegas_rob

For cost efffectiveness, we have decided that for a 3 room setup (3 zones plus the theater, I should say) that instead of selling a customer the C4 Amp, we will just sell 3 Speaker Points. This saves the customer about 600$ retail, which is why we're doing it. Obviously this requires a bit more programming than using the Amp, but my boss is ok with that. My question is, has anyone used the speaker points as remote source inputs, placing them in the equipment rack, just like one would with the Amp? I need to determine 2 things: 1) that if I plug in my 3 analog sources, one to each speaker point, will they all stream across the digital network simultaneously, or just one at a time? 2) if they do not stream, what options do I have for getting multiple remote analog sources (assuming they are all in the equipment rack and not local sources) to play in the house, without getting into a C4 amp or audio switch?

I feel hesitant about saying this, but it should stream all three inputs simultaneously. I tried it on an MC with two speaker points, and the inputs came up in the GUI. However, I stopped short of actually testing it. Sorry I couldn't give you a concrete answer.

Archived