C4 Forums | Control4

Remote building zigbee access when Ethernet exists help!

I have heard that it is possible but it seems that I am either doing it wrong or it is not possible, I have a remote building 150 to 200 feet away from a control4 filled house. I have eithernet between the two. I do not get Zigbee signal to the second building (it is a steel building) unless I make up a temporary lightswitch in between. I have a HTC in the remote building but the zigbee server is turned off when it is not the director, I was told that a speaker point or a relay/contact extender would allow for a connection and neither do. What I guess I am asking is... is there something that can be used as a zigbee to eithernet gateway? I need to connect the two buildings via ethernet but I need control of the zigbee devices. Any ideas?

B

Someone on the board lead me to try something, I tried a contract/relay extender and a remote speaker point and none of them worked but.... When I first tried to make this work was a couple of months ago, and it did not. The HTC would not allow you to turn on the zserver once it found that it was not going to be the director. So what you mention above is correct. I needed a ziggbe to ethernet gateway. In the last software release, it does allow you to turn on the ziggbe server and problem solved. I have great communication with the remote building now. The remote builiding has 8 light switches, 4 dimmers, 1 mini touch, 1 HTC and one contact relay extender and could not work better. Thanks for the great help!

B

HTSYSTEMS, were you able to get the Contact/Relay Extender to indentify by pushing the button on the front? I have one that the only way I could get it to identify was to pull the power plug and power it up while the device was in the identify mode. I have not heard if this is a hardware, firmware or software issue.

Archived