C4 Forums | Control4

6-button keypad linked to a dimmer

dburton

We are installing a project that has 49 switches/dimmers and 17 keypads. The switches/dimmers are hidden in closets. Most of the keys on the keypads are linked to the toggle for a particular switch or dimmer. Almost all of these keys on the 6-button keypads work fine. But, we've got three of them that when you push the key the light might go all the way on or it might go part way. It's not consistent.

Has anyone had a problem like this and found a resolution?

I focused on one particular dimmer to test the problem. This dimmer was for overhead cans. I had 2 6-button keypads that had a linked button to the dimmer. That's because there are two doors into the room. The first thing I tested was to remove one of the links. The problem didn't go away. The next thing I did was to move the link to a different 6-button keypad. Same results. The next thing I'm going to try is to replace the dimmer.

I am being very careful to quickly push the button and not hold it down. Is there a way to change the rate at which director thinks your holding the button vs. pushing it?

Archived