C4 Forums | Control4

Hardware vs Labor costs

Folks

Looking for an indicative break-down of installation costs. Is there a ratio that I could you to estimate labor costs (e.g. installation/configuration, design,etc) as a % of hardware?

E.g. If I am looking to get kit worth $5k to get the ball rolling, how much should I budget to put it in?

No there is no magic ratio for figuring out labor dollars compaired to hardware price/value. In practice a 20K flat pannel does not take much longer to install than a 3k pannel or a 1k pannel. So why would you charge more to install it? Just because it costs more? I hope not.

Really you should talk to a dealer or 2 about how they go about charging for their service's. Do they bill by the hour or a flat rate? Can they give you an estimate as to how much time it will take to install your system and if so they should be able estimate the labor charge associated with the job.

Also the more items that are being installed the longer it will take (in general) vs. 1 or 2 more expensive items.

Just remember each installer is different and the installer can make or break a system.

Archived