C4 Forums | Control4

control 4 dealer inquiry

Hello folks,

Looking for some advice. I am owner/integrator of a residental electrical business and I recently moved into the home automation area. I plan on installing control systems, lighting, audio/video and central vacuum systems along with my usual residential lighting services including backup generator systems. I am now a dealer for Elk products, HAI, Philips Pronto, etc. I contacted Control4 about two months ago and was given the email address for the territory representative and have emailed him three times about becoming a dealer. Not a word from him. Is control4 not opening up new smaller dealers at this time? It would be nice if I at least received a return email. Has any other potential dealers run into this problem? I guess for now, I will push the alternative companies, but the control4 price point is what I was looking for. Are there any alternatives that I am not thinking of with the control4 price point? Thanks to anybody out there with some advice.

Doug from Adirondack Electrical

I wouldn't sell it "this way". I simply was looking for a product that was a bit less expensive than crestron, but was a complete integration system. If the customer wants to control just a home theater, I'll sell them something from RTI. The control4 "price point" I was refering to was that the customer can get into home automation with expandability without breaking the bank as an initial investment.

Archived