C4 Forums | Control4

8 zone audio amp - versus the audio matrix switcher?

Greetings!

A lurker with a new house under construction...........:)

I fully appreciate a dealer will give me all the answers - but I would like to know (for my own comfort) how things should hook up and work.

I have determined I would like 8 zones for music audio, and probably eight video zones.

I know that if I use a Sony CVS12ES video switcher, I can run Cat5 to all my drops - where I will hook up to a balun and the component jacks to the TVs. There is lots of capacity for my video zone needs.

I was going to use the multi tuner and the 16AMP3 multi zone amp to push the music around the house to speakers. It would deliver to the 8 zones.

Question: I am assuming the above 8 zone amp also be used for delivering the audio for the video zones, or do I also need an audio matrix switcher? The inputs for video (that will require audio support) may be 2 dish receivers, PC, EVA 9150 and maybe xBox etc. If I stay with less than 8 audio inputs (including the multi tuner) into the amp, do I need the matrix switcher?

Not sure if my question (let alone the logic) is clear, but then if it was, I would probably not need to ask it!!!

Thanks in advance.

you would need the audio matrix switcher IF you were using the audio inputs of the tv, or if you were using headphones, or if you had more than one 8 zone amp or if you were using 3rd party amps or if you had more than 8 inputs

Archived