C4 Forums | Control4

Code not working but Remote and OSD do.

Hello everyone,

I have a problem I am hoping someone can help me with.

I have an Onkyo Receiver which is running fine when I use an OSD or remote control to operate it, but has a problem when I try to control it using bespoke code.

When I power the amp on or off using the OSD or remote control it works fine.

However, if I try to add code to the project I cannot get the amp to power on or off.

I am adding code to a 6-button keypad. I have used the command to ‘Power On’ the Receiver and also to ‘Power On’ the Tuner when the button is pressed. Neither switch on the receiver from standby. But as I said above, it powers on when using a remote or OSD.

I know the code is executing as I have experimented by having the receiver already powered on and changed the tuner station from one setting to another, but the power on/off commands do nothing.

Any ideas?

Should be available under the Programming Tab - Actions Pane once you select your receiver. Select Commands tab then scroll down. It is near the bottom.

At least that is in Composer Pro....

(yes it is a legal copy,, in case ya'll need to know...:lol:)

Nope - didn't work.

The driver is a Driverworks Serial driver written by Control4. Serial drivers don't have 'emit' codes.

I still find it strange that the OSD and remotes work but programming doesn't. I would have thought they would be using the same codes.

Nope - didn't work.

The driver is a Driverworks Serial driver written by Control4. Serial drivers don't have 'emit' codes.

I still find it strange that the OSD and remotes work but programming doesn't. I would have thought they would be using the same codes.

I had a similar issue with my Integra receiver. I am using the TCP/IP driver. After I looked at the driver code I determined that the POWER_ON and POWER_OFF codes were not being processed by the driver.

Power off is handled by the DISCONNECT macro and power on is handled by selecting an input. As you can see from the code below (from the Integra TCP/IP driverworks driver) the POWER_ON and POWER_OFF commands are ignored. I think it works for the OSD and remotes because C4 uses input selection and disconnect to control the device.

if (strCommand == 'ON') or (strCommand == 'CONNECT_OUTPUT') then

--ignore these commands, input selection commands will turn on unit

elseif (strCommand == 'OFF') then

--ignore this commands, Off is handled via DISCONNECT Macros

elseif (strCommand == 'GET_AUDIO_PATH') or

(strCommand == 'GET_VIDEO_PATH') or

(strCommand == 'QUERY_TUNER') or

(strCommand == 'TUNERID') or

(strCommand == 'ENABLE_TRAPS') or

(strCommand == 'XM_GET_SDARS_ID') or

(strCommand == 'XM_GET_SIGNAL_STRENGTH') or

(strCommand == 'XM_GET_AVAILABLE_CHANNELS') then

--ignore these commands

DISCLAIMER: I am not a DriverWorks expert nor am I an expert in driver creation. I only play one at home.

Archived