C4 Forums | Control4

Reliable programming on boot up of HC300?

Hi all. I have an HC300 running 1.7.3.68. I would like to have some programming execute when the machine reboots, so I can ensure things like lights and LED's are set properly.

I tried using the Event listed at the root of the project ("When Project MHotchin Loads"), but I don't get any activity. Rebooting takes about 10 minutes, so the change / test cycle gets pretty tedious.

So, a couple of questions:

- Does this event fire on reboot? Or some other time, like when the project is modified?

- If at reboot, does has anyone used it reliably?

M Hotchin

Hi all. I have an HC300 running 1.7.3.68. I would like to have some programming execute when the machine reboots, so I can ensure things like lights and LED's are set properly.

I tried using the Event listed at the root of the project ("When Project MHotchin Loads"), but I don't get any activity. Rebooting takes about 10 minutes, so the change / test cycle gets pretty tedious.

So, a couple of questions:

- Does this event fire on reboot? Or some other time, like when the project is modified?

- If at reboot, does has anyone used it reliably?

M Hotchin

I use it to set the LED's so they are to the correct color from the start, otherwise you have to press them to get they in sync, it makes the WAF a lot easier

Archived