C4 Forums | Control4

IR Emitter Trouble

Hello!

My parents have the Control4 system installed. They recently upgraded the DVD player to a Blu Ray player. We swapped out the unit for them, and placed the stick-on IR emitter in the proper place. When using the Control4 controller, we can navigate to the Blu Ray player and it will display the signal from the player, so it is hooked up correctly.

However, the IR emitter/receiver doesn't seem to be working correctly. When I aim the C4 controller at the Blu Ray and press "Play," the little stick-on jobbie lights up and all, but the Blu Ray ignores it. I've looked through all of the paperwork but I cannot seem to find out how to make the C4 controller speak the Blu Ray's language.

Yes. I am a total newb. I honestly tried searching the forum but I am new to this technology and my search terms might've been clumsy.

Your help will be honestly appreciated.

Jeannette

ok this made me laugh :)

You need to get your dealer to program C4 for your blue-ray player. It still thinks that you are trying to control your dvd unit. Your dealer will need to know that make and model of your blue-ray player. This isn't something you can do on your own.

Archived