C4 Forums | Control4

Pioneer PDP5060HD - IR Control

I have an install that seems to be a thorn in my side. To this date, we haven't been able to reliably get the display to turn on and off. Its completly random. It will go days where it works fine and then there can be a day where it doesn't. Its in a fairly controlled enviroment meaning that outside light isn't effecting the emitter.

Anyone encounter this? Anyone with a workaround that actually works flawlessly?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Along the same lines as rmacdougall, is there a LED that changes colour on the front or back of the screen? If there is, why not use a photodiode to detect the difference in brightness, and have that as a contact sensor input. Just an idea.

1 way serial driver. Pioneer has a website that you can download the documentation needed to do this. They don't have this model listed yet but I would assume that it is the same as the 5050. Pioneer's pretty good about that stuff.

ATOH, I was thinking about that too. I realize that on the media box is says "service only" but I know we can use that for calibration too. Once I get to this client I'll post my results here. Stay tuned.

• 1 month later...

The service only port can also be used for serial control. You ned to get into the integrator's menu by pushing menu then power from the original remote within 3 seconds of each other (I think this is the process, the documents from their website tell you how to do this too!)

I created a 1-way serial driver to control my 5050HD, works perfectly every time. The plus with this is you can change the display picture settings based on device and could even write a script for day and night viewing. Let me know if you would like the driver and direction on how to turn on serial control in the plasma.

I created a 1-way serial driver to control my 5050HD, works perfectly every time. The plus with this is you can change the display picture settings based on device and could even write a script for day and night viewing. Let me know if you would like the driver and direction on how to turn on serial control in the plasma.

That sounds great... good job and thanks. Please post to the library.

Not yet. I remotely made some changes to the IR driver that seemed to make this TV go on and off. Its been solid for a few weeks so I haven't made a trip there to try your driver.

• 1 year later...

Archived