C4 Forums | Control4

Double/Triple Tap "Standard" Use

bebster

With the advent of easy double and triple tap in version 1.8, I'm thinking through how to program them in my new project.

I'd like to establish a convention that is similar for most switches and dimmers in all rooms, so that it becomes easy to explain to family members.

So I'd be interested in what others have done in this regard. Thanks!

With the advent of easy double and triple tap in version 1.8, I'm thinking through how to program them in my new project.

I'd like to establish a convention that is similar for most switches and dimmers in all rooms, so that it becomes easy to explain to family members.

So I'd be interested in what others have done in this regard. Thanks!

I use it in many places.

At night when I head upstairs I double tap the bottom of the foyer light dimmer switch. That lights a path upstairs, waits 15 seconds for me to get upstairs and then shuts off the entire 1st floor.

I have an outlet switch on a table lamp. I use DT on a dimmer switch to toggle it on and off.

I also have DT on a bottom of switch as I leave the house through the garage that sets my "away from Home" variable to "true" and turns off entire house and opens garage door if it isn't already open.

It's a great way to leverage additional functionality from existing dimmers and switches.

In rooms that have multiple lighting loads, I have single tap for normal load, double tap to turn all the lights on in the room (ie in the great room, one tap turns on the cans, double tap , turns on the cans, lights above the fireplace and side lights in the room)

in my kitchen i am using dimmable cfls, and since there is limited dimmabilty, I have it set full power on single tap. Double tap brings it down to about 16% which is about as dim as they will go.

Archived