C4 Forums | Control4

Multiple displays in a single room - how?

I currently have a front projection setup in my family room (JVC DILA, Anthem D2, Stewart Electromask screen, Oppo BD, Tivo HD). Controlled by C4. All is good.

I want to add a flat screen for casual, room-is-not-blacked-out, viewing. How will this integrate with C4? Is this natively supported or does it require a workaround? Where would the user select which device to turn on, LCD or Projector/Screen?

Thx,

Max

How could this be so difficult? Can’t you just set up a new “room” in C4 and put the new flat screen in this room. Then when you want to turn on the flat screen you just on into that room in C4 and turn it on? I am not an installer so I am sure I am missing something.

That is it in a nutshell. Create additional rooms.

I have 3 TV's in my bar and an attached lounge, and had to create 3 separate rooms >Bar >Samsung Plasma >Maxent LCD. The main room is the >Bar with an LG LCD TV and contains the other controlled items such as lighting, 6 button keypad, CD player, HD-cable box, and 2 stereo receivers (1 for music to the deck for which I created a separate room >Deck as well).

When I want to turn on and control the other 2 TV's, I switch rooms. I also added a driver for the same HD-cable box to each room so I have control/connection to that as well. The LG LCD has component cables to it off the HD-cable box, the Maxent 37" LCD (only a 20" 4:3 TV) uses the composite RCA video off the HD-cable box, and the Samsung 42" Plasma uses the HDMI off the HD-cable box. This allows the same HD-cable box to display and control video content to each TV simultaneously. Or I can use the tuners in any of the TV's to display different programs on each TV.

Each room can have only one video endpoint. So unless you have a 10.5" LCD touch screen and can use the Video Wall Agent, multiple rooms are the only way I know of.

Any one else find a different way?

(Sorry the pic looks a bit funky, like the bar comes to a point in the center, it is a composite of 2 pictures, but it at least shows the TV's)

How could this be so difficult? Can’t you just set up a new “room” in C4 and put the new flat screen in this room. Then when you want to turn on the flat screen you just on into that room in C4 and turn it on? I am not an installer so I am sure I am missing something.

It is not so difficult. There are just better resources for installers and dealers on such things in the C4 dealer forum. There has been plenty of discussion on the topic and it seems a better use of resources to review that material than to repeat it here.

Archived