C4 Forums | Control4

SR-250 Remote bricked?

I was performing an upgrade from 1.7.3.20 to 1.8.0.4415. I first upgraded to 1.7.3.68 and tested before proceeding to 1.8.0.4415. Unfortunately I was careless and the batteries in my SR-250's died before the upgrade to 1.7.3.68 completed.

I replaced the batteries in the remote but now I am unable to join it to the Zigbee network using the C4 button. I am reading through the 1.8 upgrade instructions and other posts on the 1.8 upgrade and it seems that I should be able to put my HC-300 into Zserver2 mode and complete the upgrade of the SR-250. Has anyone experienced this type of issue with a remote failing an upgrade?

:|

Update, I read through the 1.8 upgrade instructions and I now have my HC-300 in Embernet upgrade mode and have attempted to manually add the device to the upgrade list. As an interesting side-note I tried the "Button Press Magic Sequences" and none of them seemed to work o nthe HC-300. The display seems fairly normal when the SR-250 starts up but it doesn't do anything beyond displaying "C4 Remote". I must be missing something completely obvious here.

All fixed, the unbrick proceedure is very easy. Just pull the batteries out of the SR-250 and hold down the red "4" button and the zero on the numeric keypad and put the batteries back in. Make sure to hold the buttons down for 10 to 20 seconds after putting the batteries back in. The buttons are supposed to slowly fade on and off while the reload happens but you need to be in a fairly dark room to notice. The reflash takes a bit of time so be patient. The remote will reload it's firmware from eeprom and then can be rejoined to the zigbee network.

Archived