C4 Forums | Control4

C4 Audio Matrix Crosstalk/Crossover

nevets23

I have an 8 zone c4 audio matrix in my rack. All zones are being utilized, and are setup correctly. While it generally works pretty well, I have been encountering the following problems:

1. If I turn on a zone (e.g. Master Bathroom), and am listening to something there, but then turn on another zone (e.g. Kitchen), the kitchen will play whatever is in the bathroom, even though you selected a different source in the kitchen (often, it may come out of only one speaker in the Kitchen and the other speaker in the kitchen will play the correct source). If you turn off the master bathroom and the kitchen, and then only turn on the Kitchen, everything works. Similar thing happens in the another zone such as the Office. Even if all of the other zones on the matrix are off, occasionally but not all the time, if I turn on the tv in the office, the speakers in the office will play a different source then what I selected.

I checked all of the connections in composer and everything is connected correctly. Part of the reason I know its connected correctly is because, when the behavior described above occurs, if I reboot the HC-800, all zones will work correctly (and simultaneously) for a period of time. The issue only seems to occur if the HC-800 hasn't been rebooted in a while. It seems like the HC-800 is simply not selecting the right source on the amp, however I am honestly baffled as the HC-800 is working fine.

Anyone ever experienced this before or have any ideas on how to fix it? It's fairly annoying, and it didn't always have this issue. I'm hoping there is just something I am missing from a setting standpoint.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.