C4 Forums | Control4

Dimmer with a mind of it's own

Hey guys.

Single HC-300 system being built up bit by bit. Ran into one goofy problem that I'm troubleshooting and curious if anyone has ever seen. I have a dimmer on a 3 way (other end is a 6 button). The dimmer works fine and links properly with the assigned buttons on the 6-key pad. However, when the light is one the dimmer will periodically reboot on it's own it seems. Basically the lights go out, the LED's go through some flashing sequences and then it comes back to the previous state and the LED's resume their correct colors.

Do you think it is a bad dimmer or is there something else i should check? Shouldn't be anything in the wiring I don't think, but I'm going to re-check that. If it keeps doing it I'll swap it with another one I guess, but wanted to see if anyone else had ever come across this problem.

Rest of the system has been problem free and works well. No issues with setup or controlling anything and custom programs and drivers are getting added bit by bit.

Thanks!

Steve

turns out it was something with the programming. I had linked a button each on the 6 button to the top and bottom of the dimmer and that seemed to not work well for it. Once I switched to the toggle setting using one button the issue went away. I had switched the dimmer and still had the issue and had rules out other causes. No issues for a couple days on that now. Have had one other dimmer exhibit a similar behavior, but it only flashed once and it wasn't that long after the first time it was powered up and linked to the system so I'm thinking it may have been the update process completing. Whole system is up now without issue, just working out programming and some linkings on the AV.

Archived