C4 Forums | Control4

New iPhone App Issue with Cameras

titus

I updated the ControlUI My House app to the latest version (2.3.12) and I love it except for one notable issue:

The cameras don't work in single view. What I mean by that is from the multi view they show up just fine. (See Multi Camera View screenshot)

But when I select one of the camera to see the single view it shows the image for a split second and then just goes grey. (See Single Camera View screenshot)

These are Panasonic BB-HCM531A cameras. I verified the cameras work fine when viewing their internal webservers directly. They also work fine via Vitamin D (Mac based camera recording software). But in the ControlUI app there seems to be an issue. I tried unplugging the cameras for a while to reset. I also tried deleting the app, restarting the iphone, reinstalling the app, and re-updating the project. No change.

Has anyone else had a similar issue?

I'm having a similar issue as well. Is there a limit on the Panny video quality (bandwidth settings) on the camera we need to constrain for it to work on the iPhone? I did the phone reboot and "update" within the C4 iPhone app as suggested in another thread but still no luck. Any other suggestions of what to try?

Darned if I can find it now, but read else where that if you are having problems with the new ControlUI iPhone update that it was suggested that you remove it from your iPhone or iPod touch, remove it from your itunes. Reboot the device, and do a fresh download of the app.

Was hoping to find where I read that but no luck. I have had no problems with the new app, however prior to the newest version I was having a problem with the cameras screen. I do not have any actual camera's but had 4 screens displaying web screen shots in the camera section and it would just completely gray out the whole app when I tried to access them. Only way at that time was to reboot iPhone and reconnect to director and update the project.

So far so good now ;)

Archived