C4 Forums | Control4

T-stat problem with new twist...

thefred

I have not yet called my C4 delaer to ask about adding the common wire to the t-stat to see if that will solve the problem because I want to be sure the problem is in the t-stat. The furnace is coming on sproadically regardless of the t-stat temperature setting. We had the HVAC company out today who said the furnace wasn't working because the lower door on the furnace was not on properly and that was causing the furnace not to work. I know that's not true because I haven't touched the furnace door in over a week and the heat has come on sporadically during that time. I suspect it may be a bad furnace switch on the furnace door.

Here's the twist. In another part of the area where the t-stat is located, we have a gas fireplace. My wife swears that when the gas fireplace is on and it heats the room to a certain temp, it causes the heat to go on. For example, the t-stat is set to 71 but the temp is registering 65 and the furnace is not on. My wife believes that the tempearature is too cold for the t-stat to come on and that when the fireplace heats the room to a certain temperature, the heat will then come on. This seems like a simple coincidence to me and I told her to leave the fireplace off and see if the heat comes on or not.

Has anyone heard of anything like this?

Archived