C4 Forums | Control4

Should I sell or just hold onto my "unused" 4Sight subscription?

From reading some of the info about when 2.0 comes out, and the Mobile Navigator with 4sight being $9.99 a month...

Quote from:

http://c4central.com/2010/01/06/control4s-mobile-navigator-options-expanding-to-include-blackberry-droid-also-mobile-navigator4sight-bundle-pricing-subscription/

"Existing Control4 customers with active 4Sight and Mobile Navigator accounts will be able to migrate to the combined functionality when they upgrade to the Control4 O/S 2.0 environment"

I need to find out what I should do?

When I bought my C4 equipment from my dealer I also got Compose HE, plus I also payed for the one year subscription to 4Sight .... I told the dealer at the time I placed my order, that from everything that I read (here) on C4 Forum that Composer HE comes with a free one year subscription of 4Sight.... They informed me that it didn't, and if I wanted it then I need to order it. So I did....

After I finally got my order from them and took it home I found out that, "Yes" Composer HE does come with a free one year subscription to 4Sight... As soon as I found out I told them about it and they told me, "That was news to them, and now you got Two years of 4Sight already payed for"....

So my big question is,

I understand I am able to migrate my existing 4Sight account when the new 2.0 "4Sight and Mobile Navigator" monthly subscription comes around, but what about my Unused ( not activated ) 4Sight one year subscription that I already payed for...

Can I migrate that one too next year, or should I try to sale it off to some else who wants/needs one?

Thanks,

David

As far back as I can remember Composer HE has included a one year subscription for 4Sight.

C4 has not announced details on the conversion of current 4Sight to the newly announced 2.0 "4Sight and Mobile Navigator" monthly subscription. C4 has stated that there will be a way to migrate but until further details are announced we can only speculate. I don't think that C4 alienate those whit 4Sight subscriptions.

OS 2.0 should be in dealers hands for beta in a few weeks so I expect we will have more information from C4 very soon.

...As soon as I found out I told them about it and they told me, "That was news to them, and now you got Two years of 4Sight already payed for"....

First, with that response I would recommend that you think about changing dealers; go with a dealer who knows the product line well. Just my opinion!

...As soon as I found out I told them about it and they told me' date=' "That was news to them, and now you got Two years of 4Sight already payed for"....[/quote']

First, with that response I would recommend that you think about changing dealers; go with a dealer who knows the product line well. Just my opinion!

Thanks, I have already...

They fixed "ALL" the screw-ups the other dealer did, plus more....:D

It's sad to say, but from what I had experience from this (so called) dealer I can understand why some people would talk negative about C4 in general, Sorry but true....

In the hands of the wrong installer (like I had), I felt I wasted my money and had junk equipment...

Only after I had someone who had "real" experience and knowledge of Control 4 and who knew what it could really do for me... Did I get my trust back with Control 4 and felt like I invested my money into real solid equipment again...

Sorry to go on about this again, Thanks for every ones help....

David

What if they just upgrade all current subscriptions to the newer 4sight version if you have 2.0 installed and registered under your name at my.control4.com for free.:)

Or just shorten the length by a few months per year to make up for the higher price.

I don't think they will just say sorry you have to buy it again. Most of my new customers get 2 years of 4sight and we activate all of subscriptions at time of installation, I'm not changing that until I hear more.

So my vote is enjoy, no worries mate.

Archived