C4 Forums | Control4

Building media closet in wall, need advice

c4pa

Hi Guys,

I have a six month that will soon be pushing all the little buttons on my equipment. I currently have a stand that has all my equipment on it and it has a tower that the TV is mounted on. I would like to put the tv up on the wall and put all the equipment in the wall. I have a gambrel roof in the room in question, so there is plenty of space to do this - maybe four feet to work with. What I would like to be able to do is have the ability to pull all of the equipment out of the cabinet to access the all the wiring etc. I have a connection to Richelieu and it was suggested that I use one of these:

http://www.richelieu.com/produit/detail.php?&fr=rec&no=CBMAC5090〈=An

It appears to do everything that I would like, is high quality, etc. My question to you guys is, do you have any other thoughts or suggestions? I know a lot of you guys have done your own work and have done some creative things.

The cabinet will probably be 24"-30" tall. I am planning on using pocket door(s) with a fabric center to allow air flow. Any thoughts on cooling, if needed, or wire management?

I think I have it pretty much planned out but know that others may have very useful tips. Thanks & I appreciate any thoughts!

That is kind of what I thought. I do have a concern that the space will get very hot during the summer, luckily it is on the north side of the house. Maybe I could integrate a control4 thermometer and have the fan turn on over XX degrees.

Archived