C4 Forums | Control4

Copies of music?

I need some feedback guys. I just imported 20 gig's of music from a maxtor network drive into the system. When It did the scan, it came up with multiple copies as seen attached. Why is this? I think there is a composer glitch that imports copies based on the number of cd's an artist has. Right now if there was say one nirvana cd, I get 2 copies of each MP3. If nirvana had 4 cd's, I would get 4 copies of each mp3.

Managing this in a small collection is one thing, this is rediculous! Any thoughts? I know it to be a fact, there aren't copies of any songs in this collection. I had all the cd's sent out, copied into MP3 format. I copied and pasted them from my computer to the network drive. Composer is causing this error. Any thoughts?

Ryan

I had some issues previous but they were easy to fix. I just did a search of the music on my showroom unit (it does have some multiples of media files) and stumbled across something. If I run \\192.168.1.168 which is my media controller, select media, select audio i get my list of media.

Well, I noticed that anything that had doubles was in the form of MPEG layer 3 audio AND MPEG 4 audio file. I'm not onsite for my 20 gig issue but am open to suggestions.

Did this get copied directly to a media controller hard drive, or was it copied onto a hard drive that was plugged into the media controller? We have been having similar problems with mp3 media, but we have only been using an external drive, not the drive built into the media controller.

Do you think you can post the c4p project file with the media information in it? I would like to look into the xml structure to see if Composer has recorded any differences in the various files that repeat. Thanks Ryan.

If you feel confident enough, do you think you can telnet into the controller and issue the following command (minus the talking marks of course):

"ls -Rasl /media/audio/* > /media/audio/dir-list.txt"

You can then go into \\192.168.1.168\media\audio and copy the file called dir-list.txt and post it on here as well. Thanks Ryan.

Archived